Friday, August 13, 2010

Family Time

I am taking some family time over the next two weeks before school gets going again so posts will be few and far between. Lots of fun things planned including visiting Amish Country, Hershey Park, and going to a National Motocross race.  I am so excited...we are taking my six year old niece and nine year old nephew with us...and I convinced my husband that we really needed to take them to the Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art.  He asked "Is this like  when we had to take them to The Crayola Factory and I couldn't tell who was having more fun...you or them?"   He's a keeper...that's for sure!   The day after we get back I will be heading back to Virginia for my five year niece's first day of Kindergarten!  Such an exciting day...and I am blessed to be able to be there to photograph the big day!  When I told her I might cry she said "Well Auntie, could you do it quietly.  I don't want my teacher to get mad at me because of all the noise!" I didn't promise anything! ;) 

Just because I will be away doesn't mean the reading will stop.  We went to library today and stocked up on Eric Carle and Leo Lionni books and two books on CD to listen to while we drive.  Of course I have  several packed away for myself too!  And I got each of the kids a disposable camera so they can take their own photos.  We are going to create vacation books with them when we return!   Literacy experiences are everywhere...you just have to look for them!  

So I will see you in a few weeks...with lots of new book recommendations and a book giveaway!  Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. Have a great time! I'll be reading through your archive while you're gone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great time! I hope we will get to see pictures when you return. :)

    ReplyDelete